These muffins have been devoured these last few weeks.
I don’t know if it is the pumpkin that makes us feel like fall is here or the fact that a yummy muffin after school is the ultimate snack, but the kids (and Keith) eat these so fast; I’ve made them twice this week.
The best part about this recipe, is it can be totally customized. Add banana or chocolate chips, or neither!
Lets get into it!
[Watch me make these muffins on instagram]
GF Sourdough Pumpkin Muffin
- 1 1/2 Cup GF Flour Mix (I use Bob's Red Mill 1:1 Flour)
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Sugar (or any sugar of choice)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 TBS Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Eggs (or egg replacement)
- 1 Cup Sourdough Starter
- 1 Cup Organic Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Banana (Optional)
- 1/2 Cup Avocado Oil
- 1/2 Cup Milk (Or dairy free milk of choice)
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips (Optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375 (degrees F)
- Grease or line your muffin tin with paper liners
- In a mixing Bowl (or in the bowl of your stand mixer) add your dry ingredients (flour, coconut sugar, salt, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder) and Mix
- Next, add in your 2 eggs (or egg replacement), starter and pumpkin pie puree and mix again
- After the above listed ingredients are incorporated, add in your avocado oil and milk and mix again.
- Fill your muffin tins (about 3/4 way full).
- Place in the preheated oven for 20-25min (if using a mini muffin tin, leave in for about 15-20min)
- Once completed, test with a toothpick!
- Enjoy once cooled!