Here in Eastern Washington, we definitely get our garden seasonally. Sometimes our winters feel like they might just last a lifetime, and then the sun comes back out for our beautiful summer and all feels right in the world again.
Because it is short lived, when our garden is in full bloom, we do our best to utilize all of the deliciousness as often as we can since it seems to fade into winter before we know it.
[Watch me make this mayo on instagram]
I am new to using chive blossom in my meals and I must admit, I have been missing out. You can add this little beauty to so many meals.
Just a quick google search and you’ll find so many health benefits worth adding these into your cooking.
I’m also a sucker for mixing beauty into cooking and this friends is just as tasty as it is beautiful.
Chive Blossom Mayo
- Add in all ingredients in the order listed above: Garlic Cloves, Egg, Dijon Mustard, Salt, Avocado Oil, Garlic Blossoms
- Place your immersion blender (off) down into your glass container (near the bottom)
- I turn mine on low to start, you will see the consistency begin to look exactly like mayonnaise.
- I then turn my immersion blender up to high speed and let it finish mixing
- Store in your fridge for roughly 2 or so weeks!