Since our household has been Gluten Free, I honestly don’t think I have had a cheez-it in years.
Here is a super simple option with ingredients you can trust!
Sourdough Discard Cheez-it
- Preheat your oven to 375℉
- Add your Sourdough Discard, GF Flour, Melted Butter, Cheese Powder and Salt to a mixing bowl. You can use a dough whisk to incorporate the ingredients and once fully mixed, you can use your hands to form a ball. The dough should be soft and pliable (might fall apart pretty easily) but it should form a ball and hold its shape.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in your refrigerator for 20-30 min. NOTE – You can leave this in your fridge for up to 2-days. It might be a little hard when you first pull it out, but should soften up as it comes to the room temp.
- With two pieces of parchment paper, place your cracker dough in between and roll it out as thin as possible. Using a pizza cutter, ravioli cutter or a knife, cut the dough into rectangles and poke with a fork in the middle of each to prevent the cracker from puffing up in the oven. Sprinkle with salt (optional) before placing in the oven.
- The bottom layer of parchment paper will remain under the dough – slide it onto a cookie sheet and place it in the oven for 15 – 17 min. The edges will become brown (that is okay – those are the kids favorite pieces).
- Remove from the oven and let cool before breaking apart. Store in an airtight container for up to one-week