We get a lot of use out of our waffle maker that we scored many years ago on our wedding registry. Our kids commonly request waffles on the weekend and this Gluten-Free recipe is our tried and true favorite!
We started this weekly tradition over the summertime and it stuck! On special occasions like birthdays or holidays, we tend to top them off with some fresh fruit and homemade whip cream; the perfect combo.
GF Waffle Recipe
- 1 Waffle Maker
- Have two mixing bowls available (one for dry and one for wet ingredients) *The dry ingredient bowl will eventually have the wet ingredients poured into it. If you have bowl size options, use your larger option for the dry ingredients.
- In one mixing bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In your second mixing bowl, mix together all the wet ingredients: milk of choice, melted oil or butter, eggs, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Pour your wet ingredients into your dry ingredient mixing bowl. Stir with your spatula until combined (it will still be slightly lumpy). Let your batter rest for roughly 10min.
- Get your waffle maker ready while your batter is sitting. Set to medium-high
- After 10-min of resting your batter, give it one final mix and take a scoop out and place into your waffle maker. (repeat until batter is all gone!)
- Once you remove from your waffle maker, set on cooling rack / baking sheet so they don't get soggy stacked on top of each other.
- If you'd like to keep your waffles warm, simply place them in your oven at 200 degrees until ready to serve!