Making your own Mac n’ Cheese at home from scratch really isn’t that difficult. Which is a good thing because this is one of our kids most requested weekend lunches!
There are simple ingredients, that you most likely already have in your kitchen and it doesn’t take too much time to whip up. You can also customize your spices depending on your mood!
Change your spices or your cheeses but either way, you’re bound to have a delicious lunch with ingredients you have complete control over.
[Watch me make this Mac n’ Cheese on Instagram!]
This recipe can 100% be made with any pasta you want! Since we have been Gluten Free, if we aren’t making our own pasta, our go-to boxed pasta of choice is Jovial. It honestly is the best.
Homemade Mac n’ Cheese
- 12 oz GF Pasta (we love Jovial!)
- 2 Cups Milk
- 2 Cups Bone Broth (or veggie broth / chicken broth)
- 2 TBS Butter
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Smoked Paprika (optional)
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder (optional)
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder (optional)
- 1 1/2 Cups Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Smoked Cheddar (or any other cheese you want ex: parmesan)
- Add your 2 Cups of Milk + 2 Cups of Broth to a sauce pan and slowly bring to a boil. (keep your eye on it so it doesn't burn)
- Add in your pasta of choice + 2 TBS of butter and stir to incorporate and set your timer for 10min.
- Slightly lower your heat to keep a rolling boil, stirring often.
- Once 10min has completed, turn off heat and add in your shredded cheeses + spices.