We started making our own bone broth a couple years back when we were on the search for things we could do to heal Keith’s gut after his Celiac diagnosis.
There are so many bone broth recipes out there but one thing I will admit about myself is if it looks too difficult or takes too much time, I have a hard time sticking to the routine of making it.
This instant pot recipe is definitely a “set and forget” way to make bone broth at home, that gets that nice collagen gel and can be used for cooking or drinking!
This recipe is short and sweet!
All you need is:
- apple cider vinegar
- chicken feet (optional: with extra bones)
- purified water
SHOP MY RECIPE:
- 6 QT Instant Pot
- Large Glass Kerr Jars
- Wide Mouth Plastic Lids
- Organic Peppercorns
- Bowl with Spout
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Berkey Water Filtration System
- 2-4 Carrots
- 2-4 Celery Sticks
- 1 Onion
- 1 Whole Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Peppercorn
- 2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 lb Chicken Feet
- 1 Chicken Carcass Bones (cooked meat picked off) **Optional
- Wash and rough chop all veggies (carrots, celery, onion + garlic) leave skin on everything
- Place all chopped veggies, chicken feet, peppercorn and apple cider vinegar into your Instant Pot
- If you have an extra chicken carcass + bones, you'd place them in the Instant Pot at this time also.
- With all other ingredients in the base of the Instant Pot, fill with purified water to the 1/2 line.
- Seal your instant pot and select "pressure cook" for 3 hours.
- Once finished, let your instant pot naturally release
- I usually make mine in the evening and will leave it on "warm" all night long (honestly the longer it sits the better)
- Once finished, remove inner pot and pour into a strainer over a large bowl.
- Pour broth into glass containers. Wait until room temperature before placing in fridge.
- Use to cook or drink! (if you drink your bone broth – sprinkle in a little salt / pepper)